What data do we collect?
PDA collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, etc.).
- Information about your computer and how you interact with our Sites.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide PDA with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Complete a form to download white papers.
- Use our contact form.
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter.
- Subscribe to email updates on specific topics.
- Register for webinars and events.
- Complete a survey or assessment.
- Use or view our Sites.
PDA may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Event attendee contact information.
What information do you directly and voluntarily provide to us?
- Membership: If you provide your Personal Data to PDA to become a member of PDA, or if you sign up to become a registered user of any website operated by PDA, you will be required to provide certain information as part of the registration process. This information will include your first and last name, organization, title, email address, phone, industry, professional classification, number of employees and business or home address. We may also request that you voluntarily provide other information, such as your phone number, date of birth, demographic information, educational background and professional experience. Membership information is used to communicate with you, to design content and activities that we believe would be of interest to you, and to ensure that PDA will not violate any applicable U.S. sanctions in providing you access to PDA’s goods and services. If you wish to opt-out of receiving these communications from us, please follow the instructions contained in an applicable communication you receive from us or email privacy@PDA.org and submit a request.
Events and Conferences: PDA may host events that include in-person, knowledge sharing and webinars. If you register for an PDA event and you are an PDA member, we will access the information in your member profile to provide you with information and services associated with the event. If you register for one of our events and you are not an PDA member, we will collect your first and last name, email address, business or home address, phone number, title, professional classification, and responses to conference related questions such as dietary restrictions, and the type of business you work for or with, which we will use to provide you with information and services associated with the event.
What information do we automatically collect from you?
We may automatically collect information about you when you use the Sites or our services. This information is collected to enhance the site performance and end user experience. You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. To learn more about your ability to manage cookies and web beacons, please consult the privacy features in your browser. In addition, to find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What information do you provide to payment processors?
All payments made to PDA are processed by a PCI/DSS-compliant (these are payment card industry security standards) payment processing service engaged by PDA. All information collected by these third-party providers for purposes of processing your payments is not available to us unless you have otherwise provided this information to us in connection with your use of the Sites or our products and services.
How will we use your data?
PDA collects your data so that we can:
- Reply to your membership inquiries.
- Send you our e-newsletter.
- Email you about blog posts, podcasts, events, and other resources based on your interests.
- Optimize our Sites to make them more usable to our members.
- Analyze trends, administer the Sites, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use or for other business purposes.
- Target our digital marketing based on your usage and interests.
- Marketing our content to prospective members.
WE WILL NEVER SELL YOUR INFORMATION
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE YOUR EMAIL PREFERENCES?
PDA will send you emails about resources and services based on your interests.
If you have agreed to receive email messages from PDA, you may always opt out at a later date. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please use the email preferences link in the footer of any email you receive from PDA.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US?
Email us at: PrivacyOfficer@privatedirectorsassociation.org