The most effective board directors are committed to developing a deep and expansive understanding of their role. This commitment is supported by the Private Directors Association® Certificate in Private Company Governance. Our Private Company Governance Certificate course will provide a baseline education in independent director duties and an overview of different types of private company structures. Benefit from self-paced and interactive governance learning for serving and would-be private company directors.
In this Certificate Course, you will:
- Learn how to organize your first board.
- Learn how to organize a board agenda.
- Learn how to build relationships and become an excellent addition to a board.
- Be a part of a mentorship program with cohort peer support and expert guidance.
- Earn a year-dated certificate in private company governance— the only one of its kind in the U.S., which is:
- A great addition to your email signature and professional profiles
Includes Webinars and a Live, Mentor-led Case Study Session:
You must schedule and take part in one live mentor-led case study session.
- LIVE two-hour group case study session facilitated by an experienced private company director
- Apply what you’ve learned to real world case studies with guidance from an experienced mentor
- Peer collaboration and networking with other PDA members
Complete your certificate studies at your own pace. Several weeks—or up to one year.
- There is considerable demand for this course and a limit on the number of participants who can take part in any live session. We estimate a necessary commitment of 12+ hours of study time to complete all the course components; therefore we ask that you consider the commitment before signing up for this course. Remember, you can read and watch materials in small increments, but it is important you take part in any live session you schedule.
- You must complete all the elements and action points in the order outlined, using our online checklist to chart your progress. A final online assessment will be conducted. Participants are required to earn at least 80% to pass the course. A Course evaluation is conducted at the end of the course for all participants to help with PDA improvements.
NOTE: You must complete the self-study portion of the course and pass the final assessment before you will be permitted to register for the live mentoring/case study session.
Your electronic certificate and the badge will be issued when you pass the final exam and complete the mentoring session.